Features and benefits
- May reduce the severity and duration of colds and flu and help fight other mild upper respiratory infections including tonsillitis, laryngitis and sinusitis.
- A potent combination of herbs traditionally used to boost immunity and relieve symptoms such as sore throat, inflammation, mucous congestion, catarrh, fever, cough, and aches and pains.
- Specially formulated according to the principles of traditional Chinese medicine to be suitable for use during all stages of upper respiratory tract infection, including those characterised by feelings of Heat (e.g. fever), Cold (e.g. chills), Dampness (e.g. phlegm) or Dryness (e.g. irritated mucous membranes).
How it works
From the viewpoint of traditional Chinese medicine, colds and flu are more likely to take hold when you’ve been under stress, working hard or exposed to an excess of Wind. According to this philosophy, any of these situations can lead to your Qi (pronounced ‘chee’) or vital force becoming compromised, leaving you vulnerable to causes of ill health such as excessive Cold or Heat.
Fusion Health Cold & Flu contains a synergistic blend of Chinese and Western herbs carefully chosen to offset the resulting symptoms and clear Wind and the accompanying Heat, Cold and Dampness that are often present during colds and flu.
For example, Magnolia Flower is traditionally indicated to clear excessive Wind accompanied by excess Cold or Dampness (causing symptoms such as excessive mucus, sore throat, muscle aches, and chills).
On the other hand, herbs such as Honeysuckle, Platycodon and Isatis Leaf and Root have been traditionally used to help clear excessive Heat, so may be of benefit when you’re feeling feverish.
In Cold & Flu, these herbs are accompanied by Echinacea to support immune health and reduce the severity and duration of cold symptoms.
Each tablet contains extracts equivalent to dry:
|Isatis tinctoria (Isatis) root & leaf||900mg|
|Echinacea purpurea (Echinacea) root||625mg|
|Lonicera japonica (Honeysuckle) flower bud||550mg|
|Forsythia suspensa (Forsythia ) fruit||525mg|
|Andrographis paniculata (Andrographis) leaf||475mg|
|equiv. to andrographolides||11.88mg|
|Platycodon grandiflorus (Balloonflower) root||375mg|
|Magnolia liliflora (Magnolia) flower||350mg|
|Schizonepeta tenuifolia (Japanese Catnip) leaf||300mg|
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, yeast, wheat, gluten, nuts, dairy or animal products.
Directions for use
- Take 2-3 tablets twice daily.
- Child 6-12 yrs: Take 1-2 tablets twice daily.
- Child 2-6 yrs: Take ½-1 tablet twice daily. Tablet must be crushed and mixed with syrup or honey.
- Take 7-10mL 2-3 times daily.
- Child 6-12yrs: Take 5-7mL 2-3 times daily.
- Child 2-6yrs: Take 2-5mL 2-3 times daily.
- Dilute each dose in 50mL of water or juice.
For all ages, an extra dose may be taken to enhance results or as professionally advised.
During pregnancy, always consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before taking herbal medicines and nutritional supplements.
During pregnancy, always consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before taking herbal medicines and nutritional supplements. Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.