Raw Organic - Maca Powder 250g
Raw Organic Maca Powder From Junin, Peru. Grown at 4,100m above sea level in the Andes, Maca is the energising and revitalising superfood of the Incas, where it is revered for its aphrodisiac qualities and wide-ranging benefits to the hormonal system.
How to useAdd 1 to 5 heaped teaspoons of maca to your favourite juice, smoothie or cereal 1 or 2 times a day.
Health BenefitsMaca contains high amounts of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, all the essential amino acids and it contains nearly 60 phytochemicals. The extraordinary health benefits of Maca are due to the way it promotes optimal functioning of the hypothalamus and pituitary master glands. Maca contains unique alkaloids that stimulate the master glands, which in turn improves the overall functioning of the endocrine system.
Traditionally, native medicine practitioners and herbalists have recommended maca for :
- Treating menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and depression, as an alternative to hormone replacement therapy [HRT]
- Stimulating and regulating the endocrine system
- Regulating and normalizing menstrual cycles
- Stimulating fertility in both men and women
- Supporting the immune system
- Increasing energy, stamina and endurance, reducing chronic fatigue
- Enhancing libido, treating impotence
- Revitalizing seniors, mentally and physically.
Due to this overall affect of maca on the hormonal system and high level of protein it also acts as an effective whole food mucsle building agent.
Maca also remineralizes the body, due to its high mineral content, making up for the lack of minerals in modern diets and conventionally grown fruit and vegetables. Maca has such a high mineral content due to the soils and environment in which it is grown. The cooperative of indigenous maca growers who grow our maca leave the soil fallow for 5 years after each maca crop so that the soils regenerate completely with minerals.
- Cane Sugar free
- Gluten free
- Fair Trade
- Dairy free
- Low GI